All types of organisations
How should it be used?
The aim of a poster is to deliver a simple, uncomplicated message to its audience. It should provide a clear flow of information from beginning to end. If there is text on the poster it should remain short. The font should be clear. Posters often contain powerful or eye-catching images.
- If well designed and attractive, a poster can be very memorable.
- It should engage and encourage the audience to seek out further information.
- The very nature of a poster is that it is uncomplicated and does not overload the audience with information:
- For example, if the poster advertises a large event it will not contain the name of every speaker and every topic covered.
- It is imperative therefore, that the link to the relevant website is clear on the poster.
Poster design and content
- The poster should:
- Reflect the campaign identity and catch the attention of the audience.
- Not just state the same thing as the other written materials in visual format.
- Deliver a short clear message preferably in an attractive, clever or generally unique way.
- Be understandable without verbal comment.
- The company/organisation’s logo should be visible and it should contain a link to the website.
- If it is advertising an event it is imperative to include:
- Participation fee.