All types of organisations.
What is it?
Wikipedia is a free, web-based multilingual encyclopaedia. Its 17 million articles have been written collaboratively by volunteers around the world, and almost all of its articles can be edited by anyone with access to the site.
- You can create an informational page for your campaign free of charge.
- Your Wikipedia page could drive additional traffic to your campaign/organisation website.
- Be aware that anyone could have access to edit this.
- The post should aim to inform rather than sell which could put off the reader.
How could it be used?
You could add your organisation or details of your campaign to Wikipedia.
What to include
- Include factual knowledge of the campaign, such as its origins and background.
- Organise you Wikipedia entry into chapters (e.g. goals of the campaign, factual data).
- If you create a page devoted to a campaign, you can cross-reference some of the highlights of your campaign with other Wikipedia pages (e.g. your campaign partners’ pages).