All types of organisations.
- Effective training can inform and motivate your audience to change working practices and improve workplace safety.
- Training is a useful tool to educate and inform on a specific Occupational Health & Safety topic.
- Training is particularly helpful to educate multipliers on a particular aspect of your campaign.
- Training is most effective in smaller groups so it is not suitable for wide audiences.
- Professional training can also be costly.
How can it be used?
- For example, an organisation could run training on how to prevent slips, trips and falls in the workplace.
- The main objective is to encourage positive Occupational Health & Safety behaviour, share information and improve working practices.
- Training can have a media element to it, but it is generally not the event’s primary purpose.
Developing the training course
- Think carefully about the topic and how you can best inform your audience – are there any videos or resources available to help reinforce your message?
- Some training (for example on company policy) can be carried out in-house.
- Other training (for example, First Aid) will require the help of a qualified professional.