Larger organisations with higher financial resources.
What is it?
Mobile marketing is one of the newest areas within interactive marketing. It includes such technologies as SMS, MMS, mobile internet, applications, location services and Bluetooth proximity marketing. These campaigns are offered both exclusively on mobile and in conjunction with other media, including online, email, direct mail and broadcast channels.
- It’s a quick and increasingly popular way to reach a wide audience.
- This branch of marketing is constantly evolving and offers new possibilities.
- To run a mobile campaign you will probably need expert advice and this can be costly.
Formulating your message
- A short, simple message delivered direct to a recipient’s mobile phone can be very effective.
- Think about your audience and whether they are likely to respond to a text message.
- Do you have their mobile numbers, or will you have to pay to source a list?
- You will need to keep your message clear and concise.
New smart phones often have the technology to scan QR codes, linking the user directly to your campaign website.
Producing the campaign
It is likely that you will need to enlist the services of a mobile marketing expert who will have the technology and software required to effectively deliver such a campaign.